What are the 10 Gospel values?
Courage, creativity, thankfulness, responsibility, compassion, peace, service, justice, trust, hope, love, forgiveness, friendship, humility, generosity and reverence and respect.
What is the Gospel value of service?
Jesus said, “I am among you as he that serveth” (Luke 22:27). As true followers of Jesus, we also must serve others. Service is helping others who need assistance. Christlike service grows out of genuine love for the Savior and of love and concern for those whom He gives us opportunities and direction to help.
Is courage a gospel value?
Courage is a core value for our Church School because courage allows us to stand up for ourselves, others and persevere to overcome challenges. In the Bible, God tells his people to ‘be strong and courageous and do not be frightened, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go’.
What are the 4 Gospel values?
Gospel Values (and Related Values)
- Faith – truth, fidelity, tradition, doctrine, prayer, revelation, reading scripture.
- Service – commitment, caring, concern, involvement, empathy, almsgiving.
- Courage – sacrifice, self-denial, fortitude, restraint, discipline, patience, temperance.
What are God’s core values?
The Bible describes God as holy, pure, good, righteous, just, merciful, trustworthy, faithful – a God of grace and love. As we learn more about God, we also learn more about ourselves, because as God’s sons and daughters we include, and are spiritually created to reflect, the qualities that have their source in Him.
What are the 7 virtues in the Bible?
The seven heavenly virtues are faith, hope, charity, fortitude, justice, temperance and prudence.
What are the 52 virtues?
What are the 52 virtues?
- assertiveness. caring. cleanliness. commitment. compassion. confidence. consideration.
- diligence. enthusiasm. excellence. flexibility. forgiveness. friendliness. …
- integrity. joyfulness. justice. kindness. love. loyalty. …
- reliability. respect. responsibility. self-discipline. service. tact.
What is the importance of the Gospel values?
Gospel values are what Jesus said, what Jesus did and what He told us to do. They are at the root of Catholic social teaching and so they are what we abide by behaving towards others here at St. Edmund’s.
What are the Catholic values?
The following are several of the key themes that are at the heart of our Catholic social tradition.
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person. …
- Call to Family, Community, and Participation. …
- Rights and Responsibilities. …
- Preferential Option for the Poor. …
- The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers. …
Why is the gospel important to Christianity?
The Gospels are your most important resource in a study of Christianity. Christians obtain most of their knowledge and understanding of Jesus from the Gospels. Christians regard the Gospels as the Word of God and often treat them with more awe and reverence than other parts of the Bible. Gospel means ‘good news’.