What causes God not to answer prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
When God say no to our prayers?
Every time the Lord answers no to our prayers, He fulfills Psalm 84:11, “No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Ps 84:11).
When God is silent What does it mean?
When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. … But the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace and his forgiveness and his presence to you. God is with us and God is active even when God is silent.
What do you do when God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three easy ways:
- Evaluate your desires. Why don’t we feel like God is answering? …
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads faced forward on the path He has for us. …
- Rest in Him.
How does God speak to us?
Throughout human history, God has initiated communication with humanity by speaking audibly to humans. He also speaks to us through the glory of His creation. Additionally, He speaks to us through His Holy Spirit and through dreams, visions and our thoughts.
What do you do when God tells you no?
There are lessons to be learned when He says “No”: It teaches us patience. “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord,” (Psalm 27:14 KJV). We may not be able to handle what we ask for at the time when we ask God for something.
How do I know God answers my prayers?
4 Signs God Is Answering Your Prayers
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word. …
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Your Desires. …
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Others. …
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
What is the key to effective prayer?
The most important key to a vibrant prayer life is to understand our spiritual authority in Christ as explained in the Scriptures. The only way to do that is to become intimately familiar with the Bible. Even a few minutes a day in the Word of God will add strength and authority to your prayers in 2021.
Why does God make us wait so long?
Perhaps you’re waiting because God wants to show you how the Kingdom works. … The gift God wants to give you is too good to be made in a microwave. God wants us to press into his presence and wait patiently before his throne. He’s calling us to come before him with thanksgiving even if we’re still waiting on a promise.
How can I hear Jesus speaking to me?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.