Where in the Bible does it talk about expectations?
Psalm 34:5: “They looked unto him and were lightened and their faces were not ashamed.” Proverbs 23:18: “For surely there is an end and thine expectation shall not be cut off.” The Word of God declares in Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the SUBSTANCE of THINGS HOPED FOR, the evidence of things not seen”.
What does the Bible say about exceeding expectations?
Ephesians 3:20 NLT says, “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” The Message Bible reads, “God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!
What is God’s expectation for us?
God expects us to accept His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as our Savior. He expects us to give our lives to Him, and in so doing, develop the character of Christ. God wants us to become more like Christ.
What does the Bible say about talking about your plans?
Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:9 “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” Proverbs 19:21 “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
What is the power of expectation?
The power of expectation subconsciously controls your life to finally create self fulfilling prophesies. The expectations of those around you modify your behavior for better, or for worse. Your own expectations can fill you with energy, or drive you into despair and despondency.
Is it good to exceed expectations?
Exceeding expectations is a completely voluntary activity and when it becomes foundational to the way you think it has the power to elevate value and become the seed for new opportunity. It is rare for anyone to exceed expectations unless they do it on purpose.
How can I stop expectation?
How to Defeat Expectations
- Put your oxygen mask first: The first step to getting rid of expectations is to treat yourself kindly. …
- Adjust the Way You Think. You cannot control what others think about you, but you can choose how you talk to yourself. …
- Speak Up. …
- Free Yourself and Free Others. …
- Stop Judging, Stop Expecting.
How do you live with your expectations?
Tips for Letting Go of Others’ Expectations
- Put the expectations in perspective. Remember that someone else’s expectation of you is theirs, not yours—and therefore it is their problem, not yours. …
- Check your own expectations of others. …
- Cultivate your inner voice. …
- Begin saying what you want.