What are the 10 Commandments in order?
The Ten Commandments are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” …
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” …
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.” …
- “Honor thy father and mother.” …
- “Thou shalt not kill.” …
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.” …
- “Thou shalt not steal.”
What are the 10 Commandments in simple terms?
Terms in this set (10)
- I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other Gods before me.
- You shall not worship false Gods.
- You shall never take my name in vain.
- You shall keep the sabbath day Holy.
- Honor your Father and Mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
What are the 2 new commandments?
In Matthew 22:37-39, we read, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
How many sets of Ten Commandments are there?
The Bible actually contains two complete sets of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 and Deut. 5:6-21). In addition, Leviticus 19 contains a partial set of the Ten Commandments (see verses 3-4, 11-13, 15-16, 30, 32), and Exodus 34:10-26 is sometimes considered a ritual decalogue.
What are the commandments in the New Testament?
Thou knowest the commandments: Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother. We expect Jesus to recite the entire Decalogue.
What are the 10 Commandments in plain English?
|You shall have no other gods before me||2||1|
|You shall not make for yourself an idol and worship it||2|
|You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God||3||3|
|Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy||4||4|
Which of the 10 Commandments is the most important?
New Testament accounts
“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. ‘ This is the greatest and first commandment.