How can we be a disciple of Jesus?
A disciple is one who has been baptized and is willing to take upon him or her the name of the Savior and follow Him. A disciple strives to become as He is by keeping His commandments in mortality, much the same as an apprentice seeks to become like his or her master.
How do we become true disciples of Jesus in our time today?
As we obey His commandments and serve our fellowmen, we become better disciples of Jesus Christ. … I testify that as we obey His commandments, serve others, and submit our will to His will, we will, indeed, become His true disciples.
What are the characteristics of a true disciple?
What are qualities of discipleship? Qualities of discipleship include going to share the Good News to non-believers, teaching, loving God, loving others, standing out, denying ourselves, being firm in God’s word, fellowship with other believers, imitators of Christ, dedicated, steadfast, and investing in missions.
How can you show discipleship?
Demonstrating Our Discipleship through Love and Service
- Remember their names and the names of their family members and become acquainted with them.
- Love them without judging them.
- Watch over them and strengthen their faith “one by one,” as the Savior did (3 Nephi 11:15).
How did Jesus choose the 12 disciples?
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. … Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. He appointed twelve that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach and to have authority to drive out demons.
What are the five characteristics of discipleship?
Here are 5 things to keep in mind in order to get involved in real discipleship.
- Real discipleship takes time. …
- Real discipleship takes effort. …
- Real discipleship can be dirty. …
- Real discipleship can be painful. …
- Real discipleship is rewarding.