What were Jesus’s temptations in the desert?
At that time Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. He fasted for forty days and forty nights and afterwards was hungry. The tempter approached and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become loaves of bread.
What are the 3 sources of temptation?
The three sources of temptation have been described as:
- world — “indifference and opposition to God’s design”, “empty, passing values”;
- flesh — “gluttony and sexual immorality, … our corrupt inclinations, disordered passions”;
- the Devil — “a real, personal enemy, a fallen angel, Father of Lies, who …
What were Jesus temptations in the desert and how did he respond to each?
Terms in this set (2)
What were Jesus’ temptations in the desert and how did he respond to each? Jesus was tempted by Satan 3 times. The first temptation was the turn rocks into bread to satisfy hunger. Jesus responded by saying that he did not need bread to live, but only the Word of God.
How did Jesus handle temptation?
Throughout His temptation in Luke 4:1-13, Jesus maintained His integrity by holding firm against all Satan threw at Him. Because He was tempted as we are, He is able to understand what we face. He is also a powerful example of how to overcome the temptations and testing that comes our way.
What was Jesus first temptation?
“Tell these stones to become bread” – The first dilemma which Jesus faced was how to use his miraculous power, whether to use it for selfish reasons or to help others. Jesus denied himself the opportunity to satisfy his hunger, even though he had been fasting for forty days and nights.
What was the third temptation of Jesus?
In the case of Jesus’s third temptation, Satan offered a kingdom, a goal that is very close to what Jesus was rightfully pursuing. Jesus, after all, was the promised one who would sit on David’s throne and whose kingdom would have no end.
What are the ways of overcoming temptation?
THE BELIEVERS RESPONSIBILITY TO OVERCOME TEMPTATION
- Be conscious of God’s provision to help you in any tempting situation. …
- Take heed to Gods Word. …
- Pray for the Strength. …
- Forgo Self Gratification. …
- Grow into Spiritual Maturity. …
- Surround yourself with people of value. …
- Resist the Devil. …
- Run away from Dangerous Spots.
What are common temptations?
19 Temptations You Should Resist or Indulge
- Skip Your Workout. Indulge.
- Have a Candy Bar at Lunch. Resist.
- Read Her Diary. Resist.
- Tell a Friend What His Problem Is. Indulge.
- Gossip About the Boss. Indulge.
- Pop a Pill to Help You Bulk Up. Indulge.
- Play Hooky. Indulge.
- Pee in the Shower. Resist.