Who has walked on water in the Bible?
Peter spoke from the boat. He asked Jesus to command Peter to come to Him. Jesus did, and Peter got out of the boat. He began to walk on the water toward Jesus.
Are there people who can walk on water?
But the actual act of standing on or moving across the surface of a body of water, like Jesus did, seems a bit tougher. According to an article on LiveScience, over 1,200 species have the ability to walk on water either by being ultra-light like bug, or being fast, like the web-footed basilisk lizard.
What did Jesus say to Peter when he walked on water?
Peter challenged, “If it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.” And Jesus responded, “Come.” (Matt. 14:28–29.) Peter left the boat and, like Jesus, walked on the water.
What are the 7 miracles Jesus performed?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
What did Jesus say to Peter after he denied him?
Jesus restored Peter to fellowship after Peter had previously denied him and told Peter to feed Jesus’ sheep.